Sunday, July 13, 2008

Life Changes Pt 3


If you have read any of my previous blogs you know that I legally changed my last name.

Well for quite some time, I've noticed that when I see my full name written out, in my head I've been saying simply, "Ma'at." And when I gave that some time and thought, I realized that I feel like Ma'at and not Monica. Ma'at is the name I would prefer people to call me.

So when CCS hired me and I came to the "Employee Information" paperwork with the question that asked, "What would you prefer to be called?" I decided to write "Ma'at."

That was 9 months ago and since then everyone at work has been so great! Everyone calls me Ma'at. When I told my non-work friends about this, they have all been so great about calling me Ma'at.

My mother-in-law says it's like I've been giving birth to a new me all these years and finally Ma'at is here. I feel like there is truth in that.

No comments: